10 One-Day Excursions from Dublin
Dublin has many places to visit and activities to do, going to explore the Emerald Island is one of the recommendations for anyone.
You have the opportunity to see what’s the best side of the Island. Maybe you can find a little bit of sunshine at the sunniest part of Ireland which is Wexford which is famous for its fresh strawberries.
That’s why we recommend you these 10 one day excursions that you can’t miss out on:
- Cliffs of Moher - Come to visit these spectacular cliffs on Ireland’s west coast. An experience you will not forget at the Natural Wonder of the World.
- Newgrange - Older than the Pyramids at Giza. Newgrange is more than 5000 years old and a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Glendalough - at the Wicklow Mountains south of Dublin. Very nice hike through the forest trails.
- Howth - You can take the Dart train from Dublin. This is a small fishing village with very nice seafood restaurants. Explore the shops and the farmer’s market or walk through the village and you will find the start of the hiking trail.
- Japanese Gardens - It’s a wonderful place to explore at the Irish National Stud and largest Japanese gardens in Ireland. Nice to walk around with horses and beautiful flowers.
- Giant’s Causeway - This for me is one of the most spectacular places in Ireland, located in Northern Ireland. It was declared Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1986 and a Natural Wonder.
- Connemara - Beautiful place, plenty of colours on the west coast of Ireland. Each town or village has its own distinct character and local culture.
- Kylemore Abbey - Being in Connemara region, don’t forget to visit this Victorian Castle and its amazing Garden. Built in 1867 as a romantic gift, don’t miss out the opportunity to connect with nature and this amazing castle.
- Ring of Kerry - Visit majestic landscapes along the Lakes of Killarney and the Dingle Peninsula.
- Blarney Castle, Cork and Tipperary - You won’t see the Island until you visit Cork, Blarney Castle and the Rock of Cashel.
Enjoy the Irish countryside!
69 Gardiner Street Lower,
01 836 4668
Cookies are used to ensure you get the best experience on our website. This includes showing information in your local language where available, and e-commerce analytics.